Saturday, October 22, 2016

The Giver: Recommendation

The Giver, by Lois Lowry is an amazing science fiction novel about a boy named Jonas. Jonas lives in a very strange community. At the age of 12, everyone gets a job in the community. At the ceremony, Jonas is chosen for a very special job, The Receiver of Memory. Over the course of this book Jonas learns just how important this job is.

I would recommend this book to people ages 11 and up because it is a very complicated book. I tried reading this book when I was 8 but I did not understand it at all. I think that most 10 year olds would like it if they read at a high level. Also, I would recommend re-reading it in the future because there are many details that I did not catch the first time that I read the book.


I like this book because it is very mysterious and there are many things that the author does not say explicitly but that you can learn and figure out during the book based off of what is happening. In this book, the characters do many things that you would not expect them to do. The characters’ personality changes throughout the course of the story. There are many cliffhangers in this book and you might not figure out something in the book until towards the end. These are some reasons that I would recommend this book. I think that it is very good and it is one of my favorite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment